First Day at Forest School

This past Tuesday, Jacqueline and Jennifer's classes made their first foray into the wilds of Prospect Park for Forest School. After a brief meeting at school to talk about our day we arrived at the Zucker Natural Play Space for a day of exploration and discovery. The photo captions below are all taken from our Parent Notetakers who serve as the eyes and ears during our stay. Thanks to all who helped make this a wonderful experience - including the incredible car-seat installation team!


Walking on the path to our meeting place: "We're in nature now!"


Planning during lunch: "Let's teamwork!"


Exploring the tree trunks: "We're working hard to hide the tree 
treasures so that pirates don't find them!"


Mixing mud: "I'm going to use my shovel to fill my bucket!"


Climbing the stump: "Look at me! I'm on top of the wood mountain!"


At the water pump: "What's happening with this? It's not working!" "OK, I'll help you!" "I have an idea! My idea's gonna get the water out! (Goes to get a long stick) OK, now you do the pumping!"



Exploring the understory: "Let's go in the woods!" "Be careful guys...it's dangerous!"






Comments

Popular Posts